Local professional buyers and the law
Good morning. It’s Friday morning again and time for Fan Mail Friday, where we answer questions from sellers just like you.
All right. The question we have today is “Are We Buy Houses companies legit?”
Well, I can’t speak for all the other signs and companies out there, but I can tell you one thing, at my age, I am not looking to go to jail. So believe it or not, We Buy Houses companies are a legitimate part of the real estate market. The reality is they aren’t for everybody, but if you were in a situation where you don’t have enough equity or you need to move quickly, then We Buy Houses companies just might be what you’re looking for.
So what type of homeowners are we looking for?
1. they’re sellers that are unable to sell their house due to condition.
2. a loved one has passed away and the heirs don’t have the money, the time or the inclination to fix the house up and get it ready to sell.
3. the house has been damaged, water or fire, and you just choose to settle with the insurance companies and then sell the house as is. That’s another possibility.
4. A divorced couple that needs to relocate and they have little or no equity in the house and they would have to bring money to the table in order to close using an agent. All right? We have ways of buying houses where they don’t have to do that.
5. unexpected bills, such as hospital stays where now you’ve decided that the best thing to do is to sell the house and pay those bills off.
Regardless of the situation, We Buy Houses companies provide a service to people like this that need to sell their house quickly and get cash for them. All right? So if you have a house that is in good shape, move in condition, you have plenty of equity in the house and you can wait to close, then We Buy Houses companies are probably not for you. You probably want to go through an agent.
“So how do we pick out a We Buy Houses a company to make sure that it we’re dealing with somebody that’s reputable and is going to be on the up and up?”
Well, it’s important to know beforehand which questions to ask. First thing, if the sign or the ad has a phone number, call it. If you get a Google voice number, then what you’re probably dealing with is somebody that is new to the business or inexperienced and they’re using a Google voice number because it’s free. All right?
Social proof goes a long way. If you got a website there or a name on the sign or in the ad, then go take a look at Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, look at all those things. Look on their website. See what their About Me page says about themselves. If you’re unable to find any information about this company, then you’re probably looking at somebody who is running a scam or somebody who is very new or very inexperienced. Just because someone’s had a negative experience with a We Buy Houses home buyers in the past, it doesn’t mean that all of us have that same reputation.
So We Buy Houses companies are legitimate and you could close fast and get cash using a We Buy Houses company if that’s what you need. All right? So hopefully that answers the question for this Friday. And we’ll see you again next Friday.